As our community continues to work together to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we’d like to take a moment to provide you with an update on the precautions our hospital is taking to ensure the safety of our patients, clients and employees.
Hospital Cleaning Protocol & Staff Illness
Our hospital continues to observe the CDC’s recommendations on disease prevention, handwashing and cleaning protocols, as well as guidance on managing staff members who are displaying flu-like symptoms and/or have tested positive for COVID-19.
Clients Affected by COVID-19
If you or a member of your household have tested positive for COVID-19, are displaying flu-like symptoms and/or have traveled to a high-risk area within the past 14 days, we ask that you please contact us as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment and discuss your pet’s treatment options. Additionally, if your pet is in need of a prescription medication or food refill, please contact us to discuss our current pick-up protocol.
COVID-19 Risks for Pets
According to the AVMA, CDC and WHO, there is no current evidence to suggest that pets can become sick from the COVID-19 virus or be a source of infection to humans or other animals. Research is continually underway and we encourage clients to continue to monitor the situation via the AVMA (www.avma.org) or CDC (www.cdc.gov) websites.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.
COVID-19 Curbside Protocol
- Please call or text us upon arrival for your appointment. We are asking that you wait in your vehicle for the duration of your pet’s appointment.
- A staff member will come out and retrieve your pet, bring them into the hospital for examination/treatment, and return them to you once services are complete.
- Payment will be processed either over the phone or with a contactless credit card terminal car side. If you are paying with cash or a check, please alert the staff and we will come out and retrieve that from you at your vehicle.
- If you are stopping by to pick up medications or other products for your pet, please call or text us from the parking lot. We can bring medications or any other items out to your vehicle, and process payment as outlined above.
- We have lengthened our appointment times to provide staff additional time to appropriately disinfect all surfaces (including door handles and furniture) in between patients.
Bay Country Veterinary Hospital
has been providing exemplary veterinary care to Annapolis, MD area pets for more than 30 years. Our patients come in all shapes and sizes, from cats and dogs to pocket pets, reptiles, and birds. The one thing that they all have in common is a loving family who wants nothing but the best when it comes to their health and well-being. That’s why at Bay Country Veterinary Hospital, we combine state-of-the-art veterinary care with a level of service that’s beyond compare.
Scroll through to see what’s going on at our clinic.
When you bring in your pet…
for a wellness exam, whether it’s a puppy or kitten or a senior pet, our dedicated veterinarians and staff will take the time to understand your pet’s unique circumstances and to recommend appropriate preventive care. Should your pet ever require surgery, rest assured that he or she will receive the best possible care from our knowledgeable staff, state-of-the-art equipment, and veterinary protocols in place, as reflected by our accreditation by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). Our priority is to provide a lifetime of outstanding care for your pet, and we will do so with dedication, compassion, and integrity.